Slow Cooker Autumn Punch (modified by Teresa Proctor)
1 1/2 gallon Apple cider( I like Ziegler’s
Autumn Harvest Apple Cider)
1 cup fresh squeezed Lemon juice
1 cup fresh squeezed Orange juice
6 Cinnamon sticks
2 Red apples (sliced )
2 Lemons (sliced)
2 Navel Oranges (sliced)
2 lbs bag fresh Cranberries ( I used Ocean spray)
2 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
In a 8 qt Crockpot, combine Apple cider, lemon and orange juice, cinnamon sticks, 1 1/2 cups cranberries, and the slices of 1 apple,1 lemon and 1 orange.
Cook on high for 3 hours or until fruit has softened. Lower temperature and cook on low until ready to serve.
Remove cooked fruit and garnish with remaining cranberries, apple, lemon and orange slices.
Serve and enjoy
Carrot-Lentil Soup provided by Janice Roberts
1 lb raw baby carrots
1½ c uncooked red lentils
3 c water (approximately)
1 c coconut milk (more or less to taste)
1-2 T strong ginger tea
1-2 T raw honey (optional)
1 T Braggs Aminos (or less to taste)
1 T ghee (or shortening/oil of your choice)
1 t onion powder
¼ - ½ t Himalayan or sea salt
Dash of Slap Ya’ Mama seasoning
1. Place carrots and lentils in large pot, cover, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add ginger, honey, Braggs, ghee, onion powder, and salt.
4. Stir and move to a high-powered blender (Blendtec, Vitamix, Bullet, etc.).
5. Blend until smooth, adding coconut milk.
6. Add more coconut milk and/or water until desired consistency is reached.
a. Additional seasoning might be needed as liquids are added.
7. Pulse-blend until desired consistency is reached.
8. Serve immediately.
Leftovers refrigerate well; additional liquid might be needed when soup is reheated.